Hi Nigel,

"I'm going to do this in a docker container" is what I say for most of my code
projects (at home and the office). So long as you're not working with SystemD,
it generally makes everything easier.

I think this wiki page might describe the process best:
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_workflow

And for the practical aspect of submitting the patch, you'll want to look at
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Git_bz_configuration

Let us know if you have any issues.

Once your patch is accepted, you'll also join this list:
https://git.koha-community.org/stats/koha-master/authors.html

David Cook
Senior Software Engineer
Prosentient Systems