Hey Guys,
Nasty winter and I didn't get as much done as I wanted but the most recent time
spent was in designing the canopy hinge and latch systems. I wanted the hinge
to be internal as much as it could be and I think that I have that taken care
of that. The panel will have to be about 1" short of the longerons on each side
and be straight up til it meets the top curve of the foreword deck. The canopy
latch is a sliding rod that will insert into the turtle deck bow with a hard
point insert hole. This should keep the canopy from flexing and sucking up out
of alignment in flight that happens on N357Cj and a few other foreword opening
canopy planes that I have seen in flight. I will probably start making the
actual parts tonight and should be ready to start forming the canopy this
weekend.
Joe Horton