Australia

ph:61 2 6658 4767
m:0403 432179
email:john_martindale at bigpond.com
web site:
-----Original Message-----
From: KRnet [mailto:krnet-bounces at list.krnet.org] On Behalf Of Mike
Stirewalt via KRnet
Sent: Sunday, 6 September 2015 10:26 PM
To: krnet at list.krnet.org
Cc: laser147 at juno.com
Subject: KR> Jim Faughn's engine

Gene said,

"Michael, sorry but oil level can't be that high or the crank would be
fighting to get through the oil on every revolution."

Oh well . . . it sure sounded like it made sense.  How about the thought
that when we shut the engine down the oil that's been circulating then
drains thanks to gravity.  If the engine is level, it drains evenly.  At
an angle, it drains to the rear, causing some parts . . . like front
bearings . . . getting drained a little better?

I guess I'll have to give up on this particular idea I've been carrying
around for awhile if you don't think there's anything to it.  Someone
made the point with me some time back and it "sounded" like it made a lot
of sense.

Mike