Thanks Tony.  The mounting will have to be outdoors, what can we do to protect
the composite, and how long until the damage starts to go beyond easily
reparable in this north Texas climate? We will do no irreparable damage.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony King via KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org>
To: KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org>
Cc: Tony King <tking58 at gmail.com>
Sent: Sun, Sep 6, 2015 5:25 pm
Subject: Re: KR> Not pilots, but have a structural question for a KR2S

If you came up with a structure that had the aircraft still sitting on
its
landing gear (or with brackets of some sort attached to the axles)
you'd
have to expect it wouldn't do any damage to the aircraft.  An
arrangement
that somehow attached to the upper landing gear mount points
probably would
work OK as well, but would be much harder to implement without
at least
minor (repairable) damage.

You could potentially hang it from the
wing attach fittings and tailwheel
as well.  There's a gap between the outer
wing panel and the centre section
(which may have a gap seal over it) where a
cable could be attached.  The
front WAFs are probably pretty close to the
centre of gravity though, so a
sandbag somewhere down the back might be a good
idea in that case.

Also keep in mind that the composite construction doesn't
age well if it's
situated outdoors.

Cheers,

Tony

On 7 September 2015
at 07:11, inquire via KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org>
wrote:

> Hello
to All,

> Per the subject line, we are not pilots, and until recently had
no
> knowledge of this beautiful plane. We do however, have an appreciation
for
> beautiful, cool design in anything. Don't know if our situation/question
is
> unique for any of you or not.
>
> We have acquired, we were told,
a complete KR2S built by Kenneth
> Rand(no engine). We would love to display
this piece of art and for it to
> attract attention to, and entry into, our
artist's co-op in an historic
> district of McKinney, TX. We will do NO damage
this plane in any display
> decision that we reach. We would like to display it
as one would a model
> plane on a desk or shelf, and so that no one could sit
or place their
> children on it.
> We would, of course, display a history of
the plane to educate visitors.
> Our question is: are there structurally safe
ways to mount this plane in
> that manner?
>
> Your response is eagerly
awaited by us both,