Looking at Mark's pictures of MMV I'm reminded in one of the pictures
that the light little lithium batteries seem to be the cat's meow lately
with airplane batteries.  I've had batteries on my mind a lot lately
since the one I put in 335KC has been failing over the last year,
although I didn't realize it.  I've had all sorts of electrical glitches
that came and went, causing me to think various things were either not
working correctly or badly grounded or both.  Lots of electrical
anomalies.  Although the main battery was installed in 2007, it's been
taking and holding a full charge and until the McMinnville trip I never
suspected it was failing.  The first clue was when leaving Merced on the
way home, it would only turn a quarter turn and stop, quarter turn and
stop.  It should have been at full charge since I had just flown from
MMV.  I had used landing/taxi lights while taxiing around Merced.  Those
are both 50 watts.  At idle power my Diehl alternator isn't putting out
anything so the battery has to carry all the electrical loads which at
night are considerable, along with the electronic ignition that draws 8
amps at idle.  After fueling, I went to start the engine and it barely
would turn.  It was dark and I really did not feel energetic enough to
tie the plane down and prop it and do everything just right.  Propping by
oneself can be a tricky business in the daylight but add night time to
the equation along with being tired and getting old and it wasn't
something I was

Ken Cottle built the battery box to hold a garden tractor battery

http://1drv.ms/1P89PqH

http://www.powerstridebattery.com/lawn-garden-batteries/m44-agm-j-i-s-bat
tery

Meet the Graviteers: Ezekiel Victor
My name is Zeke! I find it hard to pick favorites because I get sick of too
much of one thing. Read more ???
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/561a97c2b6d4a17c271acst04vuc