John:

I was not fully aware of all the details of the Cardinals elevator stall problem
but just thought it might be a relevant place to look for clues.

My connection with the early Cardinal is that I had my one and only emergency
landing in one of the anemic 150 HP models with the laminar flow wing in the So.
California desert 1/2 way between Palm Springs and the Colorado River on Easter
Sunday 1971.  TTAF&E  1150 hrs wrist-pin boss on the left rear piston failed!
Full power on final 1300 rpm to dragit in as slow as possible with the
"Barn-Doors " full down could not read the panel for the vibration.  All in all
an experience I never wish to repeat.---- never wrinkled the aircraft and set it
down in less than 600 ft.

Don