Larry is right on two counts. First that removable wings are a homebuilt
must, and second that I am looking at wings that are removable at the root like
my
AA1. The gear must stay with the fuse for obvious reasons, but be bolted to
the spar for strength. I will look with interest at the  solid wings described
in other posts in this thread. Please do not thimk that I am bashing WAFs,
they are a tested and solid solution to a basic homebuilder's problem-moving a
project aircraft. I am just a guy who has been both congratulated and flamed
for
thinking outside the box. Thanks for your thoughtful replies, it's amazing
how many angles can be covered by a group of smart thinkers. It helps that I am
at least a year from building spars.
Bob Polgreen
boat and parts
Nowthem MN