Yes there are pro's and con's for any new venture.

I have been absent for most of the past year and my outlook express
collected KR mail for me to read at my leisure.   During the month of
December and a few weeks before I saved over 1000 emails to read later.  I
will probably eliminate most of them as I have only been following some
subject.

The mailing list as some of us remember came after long absences and missing
editions of the old KR news letter.  Some of us used to wait on the news
with baited breath..

We have struggled for a lot of years in this group trying and succeeding  at
keeping the KR dream alive.  But like all entities we need room to grow
also.

Other attempts at alternate lists and scattered forums have only had limited
success.  The current kr2forum.com can succeed and grow where the mail list
has no room to evolve that I can see.

As the news letter ended, compiled CD's were made available and I got one
just in case I needed some of the information.   Perhaps the same can be
done for the Mail Archives.  Just in case as Mark so elegantly put it, the
web sights disappear.

I for one always try to look when someone discussing a point or problem adds
a link to a new picture .  It's Oh so nice to read and see what the person
is talking about all in one step.  Saves lots of  by not having to follow
the link to someone's site and then navigate to the picture on a page that
is still a few strokes away.

I started my experience with the new forum by listing and showing an Ellison
for sale.  It sold the same day and is now on it's way to the new owner.
Simple and easy thanks to the new forum.

With this forum you can see in at least one area who is also in the forum.

I plan to post this in both places.
Orma L. Robbins
N110LR 1984 to present