From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On
Behalf Of Fred Johnson
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 11:08
To: 'KRnet'
Subject: RE: KR>Vacuum

Better yet, why not use the Ford electric vacuum pump of the `99
diesels?
They weight about 12 ounces and barely larger than my fist. At 200 bucks
they are a lot cheaper and lighter than an aircraft pump. And I put 280K
on my truck before the pump went out last winter. It ran the 4x4, the
heater controls and some of the turbo controls. I would think it could
run a pair of gauges??

Fred Johnson
Reno, NV

Randy wrote:

Has anyone tried to use a Chevy belt driven vacuum pump ?  They are
readily available, reliable and reasonably compact.  They were used on
the Chevy
pickups with the 6.2 litter diesel engines.   I put well over a 100K
miles
on one with no problems.  They could be belt driven or a coupler could
be easily made to drive them direct.  Just a thought.