Did this pump run continously or on demand? If its on demand it may not last
very long runninc continously.

Jack Cooper
----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Johnson" <f...@renotruss.com>
To: "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 11:08:11 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: RE: KR>Vacuum

Better yet, why not use the Ford electric vacuum pump of the `99 diesels?
They weight about 12 ounces and barely larger than my fist. At 200 bucks
they are a lot cheaper and lighter than an aircraft pump. And I put 280K on
my truck before the pump went out last winter. It ran the 4x4, the heater
controls and some of the turbo controls. I would think it could run a pair
of gauges??

Fred Johnson
Reno, NV

Randy wrote:

Has anyone tried to use a Chevy belt driven vacuum pump ?  They are readily
available, reliable and reasonably compact.  They were used on the Chevy
pickups with the 6.2 litter diesel engines.   I put well over a 100K miles
on one with no problems.  They could be belt driven or a coupler could be
easily made to drive them direct.  Just a thought.