Not trying to start some religious war, everything has it's purpose, though
in the PHD recommendations, they are only human, we are all human. What I
mean by that is we learn something at some point in time and then carry
that for the rest of our life's. Look at all the improvements Ford has
made, for the first time last year it was Ford against Toyota, to come from
junk bonds to something better is a great story. I personally own two Fords
myself. Though I know people that REGARDLESS of the rewards, regardless of
all the good articles and commentary out there will simply never own a Ford
because back in 19??? their Ford was a lemon. Their mind is permanently set
and it would take a land side to get them to think else wise. That's one of
the reasons why Ford had to be so much better to get past the negative
image it had/has/loosing.

There are a great number of companies this has happened to, Microsoft I
think is reinventing themselves to be that comeback, but it will have to be
so overwhelming in order to get past peoples negative images of past
experiences. Windows 7 has made alot of great improvements, windows 8 is
pretty much re-invented, I'm running it on a nice tablet now with the
customer preview (beta) and haven't had a problem at all. Its got alot of
awards.

Now the statement of hardware, well that all depends on what hardware it's
loaded on, though with ARM support it probably could be loaded on the same
galaxy tabs. The .NET programming environment is land sides easier then any
other, of course coming from this background I'm bias but I've had to work
with other languages and frameworks and always find them immature (at least
the toolsets) while the tools for .NET (VS.NET) are very mature and easy to
use and gets the job done. Now anyone can build a bad plane with the right
materials and tools, no tool or language is going to keep you from making
bad software. There is alot more that goes into software development
besides good ideas and good tools.

Anyways, sorry to start such a flurry, technology is ever moving and in my
role I can't just get stuck on what I like I move with the flow and move
where the work goes, in my field there are alot of competitors as I'm in
SQL and BI with SharePoint (all MS techonologies). Though I've seen SQL
come from a joke to being taken seriously in the enterprise and with it's
price point it chips away at the others account after account.

Anyways, I'm waiting on my KR to get a tablet that I can simply mount, I
want to record all metrics and pick it up and walk out of the plane. THe
BD4 I have uses a regular PC (ITX MB in a Car Mobile Case) with a solid
state hard drive, this running PCAvionics software. I have so many options
with this you can only imagine.

Anyway's have a great weekend

Joe

--
Jose Fuentes
Founding Father (one of and former Vice Prez) of Capital City.NET User's