I once voiced about changing over to
windows based OS from Linux on one of our instruments and the Purdue
group looked at me like I had 3 heads and said why move from a stable
platform to an unstable MS platform?

For anyone who can think, there are better options.

Rich Parker

Greenfield NH

Kr2s

        As far as a stable platform I can say that once I changed from MS to
Linux I have never had a computer crash related to the OS period. Linux is rock
solid without the use of any added virus protection period. It would be great
to see a system built for a glass panel for the KR or any home built out there
using a Linux base program.
        With the FAA budget approval there is a mandate ( if I am not mistaken
) to go GPS based traffic control which will push this type of technology into
the main stream for all aviation. The next few years will be interesting in
it's development.
           Eric Kelsheimer
Clinton, Indiana 47842
1-765-562-2169