It's even easier than I thought

Torque Pro allows the user to create custom instruments, so you just go
into the config menu, and create a new screen, tell it what PID to send
to the sensor interface module, and tell it what you expect to get back.

So I created a couple of custom sensors and added them to a new display,
here it is

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_diffey/6904571017/

Of course I will need to write some code to run on the Arduino interface
board and buy a couple of sensors.

Torque pro Android App is about £2.95

The Arduino boards is £21.90, the bluetooth module is £9.90

Famous last words it looks a doddle

Pete