I recently had to replace a line in my VW Golf, and I used the regular
rubber stuff available at the NAPA store. All fuel line sold today for cars
must be ethanol proof, since almost all fuel has it.

I've always assumed aluminum, etc., fuel line used on airplanes is there to
save weight. It certainly doesn't seem to be more durable.  In theory it's
fireproof because it's metal, but in a high heat situation it would
probably melt anyway.  Maybe the smartest thing to do for a plane today
would be to use only fuel system components that are tolerant of ethanol,
then just use regular mogas.

Mike Taglieri

On Aug 8, 2018 11:23 AM, "wayne w delisle sr via KRnet" <