Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2018 at 4:00 PM
From: "Joel LaRock via KRnet" <krnet@list.krnet.org>
To: KRnet <krnet@list.krnet.org>
Cc: "Joel LaRock" <n.laro...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: KR> Mogas

Whats everybody using for fuel tank,tanks?????

For transporting and mixing fuel, I have a 110 gallon tank with a 12V gasoline
rated rotary vane electric pump.  It is grounded to the truck frame and powered
via a fused 20 Amp lead from the truck fuse block.  The tank is equipped with
pump, water stop fuel filtration, a flow meter, grounding fuel hose, and fuel
nozzle.  The tank is also equipped with an appropriately rated DOT approved
pressure cap to relieve pressure (2-1/2 psi) on expansion and allow air back
into the tank on contraction (1/2 psi).  There is also a grounding cable to go
between the fuel tank and the plane.  The attached photo is a couple of years
old as the fuel hose and flow meter have since been replaced due to damage from
the chemicals in the fuels I used recently.  I have been using this rig for
more than 30 years now.

Local laws may vary on the amount of fuel you can haul under personal use vs
requiring a commercial license.  Quite frankly, I haven't checked the laws in
Arkansas yet, but in New Mexico, one was allowed to haul up to 113 gallons of
fuel without a need to upgrade insurance or drivers licensing.

-Jeff Scott
Cherokee Village, AR