Bob Goodnight asked,

> "What is used to cover the gap in the wings when bolted on?"

Ken Cottle came up with a solution which has survived well for thirty
years plus.  I don't know just where he got them, but he installed
brackets underneath both wings which can be tightened or loosened and
have a slot which holds one end of a long, skinny fiberglass 3-inch wide
strip that covers the gap top and bottom.  The strip is anchored with a
metal curve which fits the trailing edge and anchored on the other end by
the aforementioned bracket.  If you'll look at the pictures at this link

https://tinyurl.com/y6g6a9yw

you can get some idea of what I'm describing.  I ought to do some better
photos of these strips and the adjustable mechanism that allows them to
be secured in place.  I once asked Ken where he got those adjustable
mechanisms you see in the picture and seems to me he didn't remember, but
I can ask again.  I'll also take some more explicit photos next time I'm
at the hangar.

Mike
KSEE

A Grim COVID Prediction, With One Hopeful Piece of Advice
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5f2d9532bc9ec15323ad3st01vuc1
US Sanctions Hong Kong Leader
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5f2d9532d857c15323ad3st01vuc2
Court Rules Against Trump on Ex-Counsel McGahn
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5f2d9532f2f1d15323ad3st01vuc3