From: Marc Baca via KRnet
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2021 10:23 AM
To: KRnet <krnet@list.krnet.org>
Cc: Marc Baca <mbf...@yahoo.com>
Subject: KR>Re: Sam Bailey KR1 Flies again - Second try

 Here's the link.... not sure why it doesn't work on previous email.
https://vimeo.com/587386028

    On Sunday, August 15, 2021, 07:18:26 AM PDT, Marc Baca via KRnet
<krnet@list.krnet.org> wrote:

 Hello All... (second attempt)
A few months ago Mike See had asked about Sam Bailey's KR-1.   I responded that
it was purchased by a guy out of Torrance who pickled it and kept it neetly
tucked in his hangar.   The owner moved out of state and the plane got sold to
a fellow at San Gabriel Valley (El Monte CA) Airport who had zero experience
with experimentals but had the vision and drive to become an experimental
builder and pilot.  After what seems like millions of questions, relentless
requests for guidance, 3 months of hard work and the associated trials and
tribulations he made the little bird airworthy again.   He did his best to get
flight experience but KR pilots with flyable two seat aircraft are few and far
between out here in the Los Angeles area.
In short he flew N31SB today.  It was a super sketchy take off but given the
high level of vestibular input and the fact that he did not know what to expect
he was able to get it off the ground and did several passes to get the courage
up to land.  To his credit and absent available training and the virulent
practice of  emergency drills he was able to take off and land "safetly." His
primary impression is that the plane is twitchy, pitch sensitive and very
powerful... much more than the certified planes he's used to flying.  I think I
got the link correct now.

Marc BacaN13UGChino, CA

SkyFirstFlight.wmv

|  |  |

|  |
SkyFirstFlight.wmv

-Search recent KRnet Archives at
https://list.krnet.org/empathy/list/krnet.list.krnet.org/
-Search John Bouyea's decades of archive at
https://www.mail-archive.com/krnet@list.krnet.org/