Sam; interesting proposition and it has come up at various times in the past,
here and elsewhere.  In my opinion, the KR was conceived as an economical
personal hotrod, simple and light, for personal recreational aviation.  In the
case of the KR1, it's exactly that.  When it widened to the stock KR2, just
look at photos of how tightly the pilot and passenger are stuffed into the
cockpit (there is an excellent overhead air-to-air shot of that "two goldfish
in a very small bowl" arrangement somewhere in the KR Gathering writeups on
KRNet but I don't remember which event).  Different canopies have improved the
headroom situation for some, but it's still tight for two.  I think if you're
looking for a 4-place, start with a 4-place or you'll spend more time
overcoming design revisions and workarounds trying to make a sardine can into a
tuna can.

Don't get me wrong... it can be done and many other designs have made that
transition and some are very elegant examples.  Nat Puffer's Cozy Mk 4
adaptation of the Rutan Long EZ is one that comes to mind.

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Air Camper NX41CC, A75 power