> Personally I wouldn't do that. If a user is smart enough for wanting another
> browser, he should be able to go and install it himself.
>
> Maybe here the problem is that Kubuntu is not advertising the software
> centers properly.
> From my side, if there's anything we can do to improve this situation from
> Muon, I think it would be a huge step forward, and not only for browsers,
> but other areas could benefit from such deals. Maybe rekonq can provide a
> list of alternatives and use muon to install them? Afterall, chromium
> already suggests you other browsers, IIRC.

I am not sure whether or not chromium suggests other browsers, but I
agree that Muon itself needs more exposure, which is why we should :

a) Put it as one of the apps under Favorites
b) Update the feature tour on kubuntu.org to showcase Muon as the
preferred way to install things.

> Additionally, you didn't mention in the Con's that it means to add GTK
> dependencies, which I'm fine with by the way, but AFAIK right now ubuntu
> forked the kde-gtk-config package to not need GTK.

You seem to have misunderstood me, I'll repeat again, I was not
proposing to put Firefox on the Live Media itself. Instead, I was
proposing to have a page in the installer that allows a user to choose
betweek Firefox/Chromium/Rekonq, with Firefox/Chromium being
downloaded during the install phase.