BRAUN, Stefanie wrote:
Hallo,

as I want to switch from XEN to KVM I've made some performance tests
to see if KVM is as peformant as XEN. But tests with a VMU that receives
a streamed video, adds a small logo to the video and streams it to a
client
have shown that XEN performs much betten than KVM. In XEN the vlc (videolan client used to receive, process and send the video) process within the vmu has a cpuload of 33,8 % whereas in KVM
the vlc process has a cpuload of 99.9 %.
I'am not sure why, does anybody now some settings to improve
the KVM performance?

Is this a tcp test?

Can you test receive and transmit separately?