BRAUN, Stefanie wrote:
1. Subtest: VLC reads video from local disk and streams it via udp to another pc
                Host performance:               11%             11%
            kvm process in host (top):  22%             22%
                vlc process in vmu (top):       15%             7%

While this isn't wonderful, it's not your major bottleneck now. What's the bandwidth generated by the workload?

4. Subtest: Reading video locally, adding a logo to the video stream and then
saving the video locally
                Host performance:               50%             50%
            kvm process in host (top) :         99%             99%
                vlc process in vmu (top) :      99%             99%

Now this is bad. Please provide the output of 'kvm_stat -1' while this is running. Also, describe the guest. Is it Linux? if so, i386 or x86_64? and is CONFIG_HIGHMEM enabled?

UDP performance is a known issue now, and we are working on it. TCP is much better due to segmentation offload.

signature is too narrow to contain.