BRAUN, Stefanie wrote:
Hello,
I've compiled a new kernel v2.6.27-rc5 with the modified svm.c.
But the behaviour of the vlc process in the guest is still the same.
I've exported additional cpu features to the guest, e.g. mmxext with kvm-84.
But no performance changes.

I was not able to export the cpu flags 3dnow and 3dnowext to the guest, no
error but they are not visible in /proc/cpuinfo. Not sure why.

Can you test on an intel host (relative performance host vs guest)?

--
Do not meddle in the internals of kernels, for they are subtle and quick to
panic.