Hi,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 6:41 PM, Thomas Hackert <thack...@nexgo.de> wrote:
> I am not sure (a quick search at amazon.de, ebay.de and pearl.de
> does not show up any of the above mentioned labels ... :( ), but
> normally I have seen parts of the product name translated in the
> past (in the above examples this would be "CIL-W227 Diskettenlabel"
> or "CIL-W224 Audiokasette" (or something like that). But if you look
> a little bit below, you will see the entry "CIL-W228 CD Label for CD
> Labeller" (but it is also the case with the brands "Avery A4",
> "Avery Lettersize" with entries like "11251 Clear Label/Index Make
> Spine Label 1" or larger"), where at least words like "for" or – in
> the last example – "or larger" should be translatable ... ;)
>
> Or am I completely wrong here ;?
> Have a nice evening

Did you notice that audio casettes and diskettes do not exist any
more? :) Naturally, there is a little interest from customers for
their labels.

You found a problem, that there are untranslatable text in UI. But the
problem is deeper. We don't know whether this label set is of any use
today. It was made in 90's, 15-20 years ago. It happened definitely
before the code opening in 2000, because half of the label names are
in German.

It would be a good Easy Hack for a non-programmer, to download
catalogs of label makers, and update label.xml -- remove obsoleted
entries and add current entries that people can actually buy today.

Best regards,
Andras