Ahmad Alawsie wrote:
https://translate.apache.org/ar/ ... next to the name, it says 498. If you view
the profile of “skyray1”, by clicking on the name and clicking on the following
link: https://translate.apache.org/accounts/skyray1/ --- you will then see that
the actual submissions is 1020.

It seems you are right. My guess is that those numbers are cached, since they are correct for other contributors. So you see 498 because that counter is updated (say) every 24-48 hours, while the one on your individual page is update in real time.

Let's wait a couple days to see whether this is simply due to cache: in that case, the discrepancy will go away.

If it is still stuck at 498 in a couple days, please ping again and we can try to investigate. Again, ours is just a standard Pootle installation, so if it is a code bug it will have to be fixed by the Pootle developers. But at least we can verify the bug.

Regards,
  Andrea.