Knowing how darn hot it is in many areas I thought I'd pass along this news
item which just might provide some relief.

In our local paper this morning there is an article on a 'Coolly'. You use
fabric to make a neck wrap and it is filled with small 'Polymer' crystals. I
suspect you make them much like rice bags people having been making for ages
now. Apparently, the polymer crystals swell when soaked in water, retain the
water for long periods of time and remain cool. You can put them in the
fridge to really cool down. Using the 'Coolly' is suppose to help with
headaches as well. You could have a couple supplies of the crystals and a
zipper on the end of your bag then change out the crystals  with a new
supply of cooled crystals as needed. Sorry, I just can't 'do' things as the
directions call and always seem to change the instructions.

I have no idea where you buy 'polymer' crystals but I'd probably start with
a craft shop or web search to find them. Maybe this is the stuff that is put
in some toys.

Darlene Mulholland
www.darlenem.com

---