Hello Secret Pal!

Thank you for another lovely parcel.  You are very generous.  I have always
wanted a tea towel to use as a cover cloth as so many of my friends have - and
now I have one!  It is prettier than theirs, too.  The Canadian Lace Badge
will go in my display cabinet.  It will be a very special reminder of you
being my Secret Pal.  I love the bobbins.  They are beautifully turned, and I
have not seen any by David Davies before.  They are really beautiful.  The
threads are so pretty.  I have not used any Oliver Twists before, but I am
looking forward to trying these out.  The little bowl is beautiful.  I love
wood, and when I opened it, I just sat and stroked it for ages - so silky!  Do
you know what wood it is?  The postcards and notepad from Southwell Workhouse
are very interesting.  The notepad will be put to good use, of course, and I
was fascinated to read about the Workhouse itself.

I love your long newsy letters.  You have certainly had a mixed time recently
with your camping exploits.  I had to laugh at your difficulties with the new
cooker.  You seem to do the same as we do - go to look at one thing and come
back with something else, most often much more expensive!  I should think it
was quite funny to watch someone else struggling with their awning, too.  I am
glad you got it all sorted out in the end, and I am sure you will have many
happy times in your new caravan with your very posh awning!

We are now officially 'on the market'.  Most of the hard work has been done in
the way of decorating.  We just have to maintain things as they are - not
easy, as I am not a naturally tidy person, but then neither is my husband.  I
had just finished sorting out things in the utility room last Sunday when he
came home and dumped some things on the work surface.  I swept them up and put
them out of sight.  The next morning, he asked me where I had put them, and it
took me 20 minutes to remember!  We did locate them in the end, anyway.  Now
we are waiting for the hordes of people who are going to be clamouring to buy
the house!

You are lucky to have been to so many lace days recently.  I am going to
Chepstow on Saturday.  I am so looking forward to it.  Will you be there?  How
funny if you were - and I shall not know it is you, even if I talk to you!

Thank you once again for a great parcel - I am very lucky to have you as my
Secret Pal.

Dee Palin
Gloucestershire