Hi All,

Just to add my couple of penn'orth!   I am a bit wary about the advice that
velvet will minimise the rolling of the bobbins - I was taught (more years
ago now than I care to remember) and have consequently told all my students
that velvet is *not* a good fabric to use as cover cloth or pillow cloth or
for anything near to the threads, as the fibre nap from the velvet can get
into the threads.  This can cause havoc when the lace is unpinned, and the
lace-maker finds that the tiny little hairs are too well embedded to get
out.  The same advice would go for any fabric which has a similar 'hairy'
surface, I should think.

Carol - in a too-hot-and-humid-for-anything day in Suffolk UK


----- Original Message ----- 

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to