Gee. Adele......maybe I just a linty person. I love using the courdury, but
green lint was on the threads.
I was thinking of a discussion we have had on this list a couple of times, where people have complained that their reel of cotton (or linen) thread broke all the time and other people came back and said "Really? I've never had any problems with that thread" and we thought that deterioration of the thread itself might be a factor.
For example, in very dry climates some people keep their threads in the refrigerator to stop them from drying out and becoming brittle. Those of us in a temporate, rainy climate don't have those problems. Other people may live in a sunny place and their threads have been exposed to a lot of sun and deteriorated from that. In northern climates it's less likely that would have happened. There are probably a lot of other microbe problems, like mildew, that would affect thread quality.
And of course, what affects cotton thread quality would also affect the cotton in your velvet or corduroy cover. It may be that the thread the cover is woven with dries out and breaks more easily, or that the weave becomes thinner and weaker which allows the cut threads to pull out of the weave more easily. That would explain why some people complain about little tiny threads and others don't. But, what I'm getting at (in a rather longwinded way) is that it would not be the velvet/velveteen/corduroy *itself* that was causing the problem, it would be the conditions of the climate in which it is kept. So you could have a pocket of people who abhor cut pile covers and another pocket of people who love them and have no problems with them.
Adele North Vancouver, BC (west coast of Canada)
- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
