On Sunday, August 10, 2003, at 07:03 AM, Carol Adkinson wrote:

velvet is *not* a good fabric to use as cover cloth or pillow cloth or
for anything near to the threads, as the fibre nap from the velvet can get
into the threads.

I used my velveteen-covered roller pillow for 20 years and did not have this problem. Another pillow cover I have is of mid-wale corduroy, which also stops the bobbins rolling - I think even better than the velvet/velveteen. I have used that pillow for some years without any problems, either.


I wonder if many years ago somebody didn't just get a rotten piece of velvet, told everybody she knew, and the story became a lacemaking myth.

Adele
North Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to