While I was in England I bought a bobbin for a souvenir in a lace store that was in the cobbles of York. BTW....if anyone on the list can tell me what the name and address of that store in York please let me know. Years ago..I tried writing to York to find out and all they sent me was information of places to see there. I want to order some more bobbins from that store. It was a lace store. Like I said in the cobbles of York...down from York Minster Abby.

This is funny - I was in York, many years ago, I think it was 1987, and I went in to either that very shop or one in the same place and looked at lace bobbins. I wanted to buy some but I wasn't sure I had enough cash to then go and see the York Museum, so I went to the Museum first and then tried to go back ... and couldn't find it. I walked up and down but the place seemed to have disappeared. I classified it in my mind as a Brigadoon Shop (I come across Brigadoon places all the time - locations that appear out of nowhere that you would swear weren't there yesterday, or disappear the same way) and got on with my life, but every once in a while I think about that little shop and wish I could go back!

Adele North Vancouver, BC (west coast of Canada)