Good morning All,
This sounds like a shop which I know in the Shambles in York. It is not a museum street, but most of the buildings are very old, and have the typical jutting upper stories. The shop sells knitting wools, crochet cotton etc. They do have lace bobbins. The owner claims to have bought up the remainder of Dryads stocks when they finished, and the other bobbins he has are supposed to come from a local maker, name withheld. I seemed to recognise them as SMP basic bobbins however tarted up a bit with wood stain and spangled. The price has also increased by about 100%. Buyers beware.
Jean in Cleveland U.K.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]