Dear Annette,
I'm looking at the diagram on page 49 - the first bookmark pattern.  The large
numbers near dots with circles around them indicate the number of pairs to be
hung on these pins.  They're temporary pins, which means that after used these
pairs to work a stitch, you take the temporary pin out, and pull the threads
down into place.

The small, dark-print numbers (1 - 9) indicate the order of working the
stitches to start.

The blue colour indicates work a half stitch - the red indicates worked in
whole (or linen) stitch.

She also says, on page 48, that the two pairs of bobbins hung on a temporary
pin are actually used double - i.e., although you have two pairs, treat them as
one.  If it was me, I think I'd be tying each pair together after I'd worked
the first pin, to remind me to use them double.   You'll end up with a
double-thread working down each side of the top spider - it'll give a more
solid edge to the start of the bookmark.

Does this help at all??  Or only confuse you more?   (BG)
Regards, Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)
 --- Annette Gill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Can anyone shed any light
on Geraldine Stott's method of staring a Torchon
> bookmark, as described in The Bobbin Lace Manual?  The description is a
> bit vague, and I've tried a couple of different interpretations, but
> they're clearly both wrong.
> 
> If anyone can clarify what she means, I'd be very grateful!
> 
> Regards,
> Annette, London
> 
> ________________________________________________________________________
> Want to chat instantly with your online friends?  Get the FREE Yahoo!
> Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk
> 
> -
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
> unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

http://personals.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Personals
New people, new possibilities. FREE for a limited time.

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to