Tamara has graciously attributed the trick of the clips to
me, but in fact I learned about them from a member of the
Liberty Lacers (thanks, Etta!) while at a workshop in
Philadelphia.   And while my "purist" Binche teacher
(Michael Giusiana) hates them (they get in the way when you
know what you're doing...) I find them extremely helpful.
(and yes, you can read that I don't yet know what I'm
doing!!)   I also have found that the very teeny-tiny one
are harder and harder to find.  I think it has to do with
hair fashions (duh!) so if you're working with tiny bobbins
(as in Binche) it's best to go out and get two or three
dozen while you can still find them.  The ones I use are
about 1 X 1.2 mm and anything bigger is a bother.

Clay

> A few months ago, Clay (Blackwell) came up with a "better
mousetrap"...
> :) She found teeny-tiny hair clips, and uses those. You
clip one of
> them on the shank of a bobbin, (close to the neck where
it's not in the
> way of your fingers) you want to mark/identify and,
hey-presto! it's
> different from the rest of the herd :)

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to