Tamara, I understand what you're saying, but after 4 or 5 pinholes, that
double-thread needs to separate to become fan passives, so I think it'd be just
as easy to persist with a pair of bobbins to start with.   On the spur of the
moment, "marking" the bobbins by tying them was the first thing that came to
mind - sometimes if you're not experienced in  this sort of procedure, a visual
prompt helps - but anything which reminds the lacemaker that these two threads
should be treated as one would do.

I also agree about the orthodontic rubber bands - I still have a stock of them,
and its been 22 years since the orthotics came off my (then) youngsters!!

Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tamara wrote:
In that particular start, I'd have "cross-wound" the pairs: take two 
pairs, but don't wind them as pairs; for winding purposes, use one 
bobbin from each pair. When you hang those two mis-matched "pairs", 
open, on a pin, there'll be a "true pair" on one side of the pin and 
another "true pair" on the other side :)

Small rubber bands (orthodontal type) are nice and easy for tying a 
pair together but, frankly, I don't like tying two bobbins for any 
length of time -- 

http://personals.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Personals
New people, new possibilities. FREE for a limited time.

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to