As a multinational, multilingual group, can we not compile a list of common (and not so common) lace terms with as many different language translations as possible. If the technical terms are covered it is often possible to work from diagrams and by scanning the text for the recognised words. "Ordinary"

This actually already exists. I use a book 'International Lace Dictionary' published in Gent, Belgium in 1998. The authors are Edith Spee, Ineke van den Kieboom and Johan Coene. The languages covered are English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Portuguese, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Hungarian, Czech, Russian and Japanese.

I believe that there is a newer publication by Johan Coene, but haven't seen it yet, and also don't know if it contains all the same languages.

If anyone is stuck on a word or two, I'd be happy to look that up - but please don't ask me for the complete list of a certain language, as the book is copyrighted.

Greetings from Beautiful British Columbia
Esther Perry