Thanks, Tamara.
Yes I certainly do have the Cook book!  Once I got the translation, I was
able to look it up.
I decided that the Princess Stitch referred to the Venetian cord, with one
worker ,(in Cook), and the  thicker Venetian stitch referred to the Grand
Venetian,with 2 workers,  so that will most probably be how I make it.
Venetian cords are not very common in lace, but they do look nice, if
properly worked.  That will be something to work on next year (along with
everything else!!)  I will put a footside on it, not work it onto fabric, as
I think has been done in the book.

I will take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy Festive Season, and a
happy and safe New Year.  We are off on holiday at the weekend, for a month,
and I look forward to catching up with you all next year (doesn't that sound
aweful?!!! )

Thank you all for your help, and friendship during 2003. Stay well, and stay
safe.

from Liz in Melbourne, Oz,