Dear Friends,
We ought to try and remember that the world is a globe and that while many of you are busy making your lace in Summer, just as many of us are busy making ours in Winter :) We just happen to walk upside down, that's all - or is it you mob who do that????

This week I have finally finished my Petit Point of Mum & Dad's wedding photo at 60 sts per inch on silk gauze in 50 colours [200 X 100 rows]. As I plan to tackle a very complex Toender edging as soon as I feel like it, I thought I'd better whip out a couple of smaller Point Ground pieces to brush up on technique. Soo.............

I am now half way through that lovely Floral Bucks Point design called "Red Flowering Gum" by Elwynn KENN. I'm glad I chose this one as it incorporates a lot of incidents of the looper technique with the gimps. I'm using some beautiful fine white silk which was sent to me from Spain (thanks Eva) with a deep cherry red Ristal "Glory" thread for the gimp which surrounds the actual gum flowers. It's coming up beautifully

I'm also knitting myself a new jumper. Came across a design I'd drawn about 10 years ago of a complex maze. The weather's been sooooo frigid lately that I went down to the Op Shop and bought enough 2nd hand wool for about $20.
Love
David in Ballarat