Does that student have her pillow very flat - ie parallel to the table so that there is no tension whatsoever on the threads as they lie on the pillow? Only other suggestion is that her Richard Ives bobbins are *very* smooth and thus allow the hitch to slip.

Brenda

On 1 Apr 2005, at 12:08, Carol Adkinson wrote:

Jane, Mary and the Spiders,

This thread brings sparks a great interest in me! One of my class has the
most awful trouble with threads unwinding, and nothing any of us can suggest
makes any difference.


Most of my class members use my threads (?) and the bobbins the lady is
question uses are Richard Ives' - I have lots of his, and I and the rest of
the class have no trouble at all but - this one lady seems to spend all her
time rewinding and rehitching threads. So I don't think it can be the
bobbins, or the threads per se - we must all be doing something incorrectly!
Which, of course, is very aggravating for her! We have tried extra
hitches, which works until one wants to lengthen the threads, winding the
'wrong' way ie. counter clockwise, and whatever the rest of the class
suggests but - no joy.


Can I prevail upon you all to give some answers to this? I will await the
replies with bated breath!


Thanks to you all -

Carol - in Suffolk UK - looking forward to Sheringham Lace Day on the 9th
April!


Subject: - hitches


In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Mary Robi
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
I started using the double head, but even though I had pre-wound then
hung
the bobbins for a day, I had problems with them unwinding.


- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Brenda
http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/paternoster/

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to