  From: Andy Blodgett
  To: lace@arachne.com
  Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2005 12:14 PM
  Subject: [lace] Newby from Texas

  Hi,
    My name is Andrea Blodgett.  I sign my e-mails "Andy in Texas".  I have
never tried Bobbin lace before and am just now ordering a book on how to do it
before I invest in the supplies.  A friend suggested using pencils for bobbins
and a sofa pillow.  I will be lurking for a while to see what is hapening on
this list.  Glad to be here and I am sure I will become addicted to it as soon
as I master the stitches.
    A little about myself- - I enjoy Crazy Quilting, Lace dyeing, collecting
antique lace, embroidery, beading, sane quilting, genealogy and dollhouse
miniatures.  I am a member of Embroiders Guild of America and am treasurer for
my chapter in The Woodlands, Texas.  I am president of The Bee Crazy club for
crazy quilts and a member of another Crazy Quilt club.  I am 61, soon to be 62
and semi retired.  I work 3 days a week at the company I retired from in 2000
(Saudi Arabian Airlines).  As you can see my 4 remaining days of the week are
taken up with many hobbies.  I often stay up until the wee hours of the
morning talking on-line.  My husband, Doug, is also retired and his hobby is
Live steam trains that you can ride on.  Our son, Dale, age 38 is still living
at home and working.
    So I shall lurk for a while until I am knowledgable to ask intelligent
questions.
  Andy in Texas

  Andy Blodgett  Life is short. Eat dessert first.