I recently did a metre of heavier torchon lace in silk for a wool cape I
was making for my great nephew's Christening, (which believe it or not I
lost - 40 hours worth).  I did an accompanying piece of torchon lace (4
metres) in fine silk thread with fresh water pearls on the spiders to
accent the Christening gown.  As I went along with the lace I inserted 1/4
inch silk ribbon, sorry too much of an energy conservationist to try and
thread it thru later.  Unfortunately as I lost the cape somewhere in
Sydney, I didn't quite make the Canadian Lace Gazette 5 metre club.  I was
too disheartened about the loss to make more once the gown was done.  I
used approximately two metres of torchon done by my grandmother over 80
years ago on the petticoat.

I have about 3 metres of torchon made in DMC 20 as edging for a blouse I
am making.

Lynn Scott, Wollongong Australia