Hi Alison -

I'm just echoing what Robin wrote...

When I first started making lace, I was lucky enough to live not far from
Tamara Duvall who became my lace mentor.  One of the first things she said to
me was that I should buy books that I like when I see them, because they are
hard to find in the first place, and go out of print very quickly and without
warning.  I followed her advice, and over the years have only made a few
purchases that I later realized were not "keepers".  But even then, I was able
to find homes for them elsewhere.   But I have also bought some wonderful books
that are now out of print, and I can thank her for the fact that I have them!

So you don't have to worry about buying one of the "classics" before you're
ready for it.  The day will come when you'll be very glad you did.

Clay
--
Clay Blackwell
Lynchburg, VA USA

> From: "Gray, Alison J"
>
> > I'm new here, it's really great to hear people talk about
> > important things like lace, lace and more lace!

You have to take advantage of good deals like that when they