In a sale I picked up some thread which hasn't been manufactured for a long
time, Sylko size 40 Mercerised cotton.  It was originally made for sewing
and comes on 100 yard plastic spools.  The colours I got were deep blue,
purple and cerise.  I'm going to use them for lace to applique on a light
blue T shirt.
This thread is too old to be in the thread comparison book I own. Has anyone
ever used it, and could give me some opinion as to how it compared with the
recommended thread for a pricking.  Size isn't crucial for my use, I like
very open lace to use for applique, but a starting point to experiment with
would be handy.
--
Money can't buy everything. That's what credit cards are for.
Steph Peters  [EMAIL PROTECTED]