On 9/22/08 11:50 AM, Sue wrote:

We have spoken about the sticky pad things that stick on
the end of the finger, can anyone tell me how well they
work, if they stay put on the finger for an evening
without problems like catching on threads or whatever.
Maybe its time I searched some out and got them ordered.

I can't tell you how well they work, but if you have a
quilters' shop in town, you don't have to mail-order them.
Some "quilters" actually do quilt, so patchwork-supply shops
have all sorts of thimble gadgets, including the sticky pads
-- but not including plain ordinary thimbles for seam sewing.

--
Joy Beeson
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/