Hi All:

but was told no, it is "schnee" (rhymes with "see" in English). My guess is that it is somewhere "in between"...??? I hate to mispronounce things.... ))-: Of course, I'm sure there must be regional differences in pronunciation in Germany just as there are in the US

I learned Standard German in university, and my brother learned Swiss German travelling in Switzerland, and my parents spoke Low German ... and none of the three sound alike. The "shnay-burger" version is closest to modern standard German, but once you get into the other areas - well, it's like English as spoken by the Queen and the cockneys and the boys from the bayou ...

Adele
North Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)