Malcolm Fielding spangled wood bobbins bought in 2003 cost me between $13 and $17 each. I guess the smooth finish, the intricacy of his turning, the exotic woods and the importing from Australia all contribute to them being more expensive than the average wood bobbin. However you can tell when you've reached one on the pillow simply by touch. They are wonderful to work with

Sue


I agree with whoever pointed out that most wood bobbins, no matter how fancy the decoration, were well below $10 each in the '90s, probably more like $5 each (less, for the simpler turnings). I think bone were mostly around $10, maybe as much as $15 for the really fancy ones. Rather than trying to identify and price each bobbin, if you use these values ($5 for wood, $10 for bone) on the assumption that some of yours were more and some were less, that should give you a reasonable assessment of your collection's worth.


-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to