When I got married, (thirty years ago this year - where did all the time go?), I needed flat shoes as I was recovering from an ankle injury. My local shoe shop took on the challenge and found me a pair of white tap shoes. The metal 'taps' were removed from the soles, the shoe laces at the front was replaced with ribbons, and they looked very good. They are not like a lace-up brogue, but are open at the front, with a little strap coming up from either side and meeting over the instep; each strap has just two little holes to thread through the ribbon tie. The upper is made from what looks like a white linen canvas, and the sole is very supportive - most comfortable. At that time I'd nver heard of lace making, it was just another factory-woven fabric to me; but now I can see all sorts of possibilities for adding lace decorations. Maybe someone else will be inspired?

Linda Walton,
(in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, U.K., where it's been very windy today - but then, that's March, 'in like a lion', let's hope it will soon turn into a lamb, ready for its going out).