Most of what has been described have been tables. I have several of those mentioned in the correspondence. But the stand I prefer, especially for travel, is not a table but a stand. It was given to me by Jeannette Van Ord in the Netherlands and is the kind that is used in Bruges and many other places in that part of the world. It is basically an adjustable column: the inner length slides up and down inside a case and is held in place by a nail thrust through holes. There is a simple cross piece at the top of the inner column, and it has a flat base attached to the outer case on which to rest the feet and hold the whole thing steady.<

This exactly describes the stand I use. I purchased mine in Bruges some years ago. It came from an old family run business - whose name I cannot for the life of me remember though I think it could have been something like Charlakins?

As I recall they sold mainly menswear and also various items used by lacemakers.

Diana in Northants where spring dipped its toe in the water yesterday and decided to go back to bed till it got warmer!