Thanks to Doris for her observation about the cover of Virginia Churchill
Bath’s book. I have this book, published in 1974 by my side. (I am now
reading these books as historical documents of the 1970s lace revival, whereas
I first read them as contemporary “how to” books.)
Does anyone know how she learned needle lace? Did she have a teacher? Did she
use books from earlier lace revivals?
I can’t think of anyone else who has done large needle lace. Maybe I am
blanking out on that, but it seems like working large is more likely to be a
bobbin lace thing.
It is unfortunate that most of the photos in the book are in black and white.
I would like to see the pieces in color.
Devon