Hi Steve,

ok, this explains why you get the message about wrong answer. You need to set
it via LAM as the value is not stored as clear text.

To show the self service question and answer your user needs to have the object
class "passwordSelfReset" on the LDAP account.
You can add this via LAM admin interface:

https://www.ldap-account-manager.org/static/doc/manual/ch04s02.html#idm1767

The module allows to activate the extension by adding the object class.

If you have a larger number of users then you can use the multi edit tool
inside LAM.

Best regards
Roland