Hi Steve,

please set LAM's logging to level DEBUG and and then login to self
service with the user. In log file you should see now a message starting
with "DEBUG: LDAP attributes for". Then all LDAP data of the user are
printed.
Please post the objectClass values. They look e.g. like this:

    [objectClass] => Array
        (
            [0] => posixAccount
            [1] => shadowAccount
            [2] => inetOrgPerson
            [3] => passwordSelfReset
        )

Maybe the passwordSelfReset is returned in wrong case (e.g. as
passwordselfreset).

Best regards

Roland